1. Our nose can remember 50,000 different scents!
Too bad we still need police dogs!
2. Human beings shed about 600,000 particles of skin every hour.
That means your skin is constantly replacing itself!
3. An adult human being is made up of 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms. That’s 7×1027!
4. Human blood goes on a 60,000 mile journey per day. Godspeed!
5. Our eyes can distinguish up to ten million colors and take in more information than the largest telescope known to man. Boggles your mind, doesn’t it?
6. Humans exercise at least 36 muscles when they smile. KEEP SMILING PEOPLE.
7. In one square inch of our hand we have nine feet of blood vessels, 600 pain sensors, 9000 nerve endings, 36 heat sensors and 75 pressure sensors.
8. There are more living organisms on the skin of a single human being than there are human beings on the surface of the earth.
9. From the age of thirty, humans gradually begin to shrink in size.
10. Most people have lost fifty per cent of their taste buds by the time they reach the age of sixty.
11. It is impossible to sneeze with open eyes. The pressure could literally make your eyes pop. So, we suggest against trying.
12. Human body has about 5.6 litres (6 quarts) of blood. This 5.6 litres of blood circulates through the body three times every minute.
13. Humans sit on the biggest muscle in their body, the gluteus Maximus a.k.a. the butt. Each of the two cheeky muscles tips the scales at about two pounds (not including the overlying fat layer).
14. There is more bacteria in your mouth than the human population of the United States and Canada combined.
15. The average human head weighs about 10 pounds. The average human brain weighs about 3 pounds.
16. Beards are the fastest growing hair on the human body. If the average man never trimmed his beard, it would grow to nearly 30 feet long in his lifetime.
17. You burn more calories while sleeping than you do when watching television.
18. Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour. A good workout, isn’t it?
19. If you blink one eye you move over 200 muscles.
20. The length of your foot is the same as that of your forearm between your wrist and the inside of your elbow. Go ahead, check it out.
22. A hard working adult sweats up to 4 gallons per day. Most of the sweat evaporates before a person realises it’s there.
23. At the time of birth, humans have over 300 bones. As we grow up, some of the bones begin to fuse together as a result, an adult has only 206 bones.
24. The femur/thigh bone is the longest bone in human body, it is about a quarter of ones height.
25. The left side of human brain controls the right side of the body and the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body.